This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
How to make easy homemade caramel with sugar.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and salt, and cover with water.
- Bring to a summer, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and cook until deeply golden without stirring. If you have a candy thermometer, the caramel should reach 350°F.
- Once the caramel is a deep copper color, turn off heat and stir in the cream and butter.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!