How to Easily Make Banana Bread with Walnuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Banana bread is one of the most classic baked goods one can think of- and it’s also the easiest to make. I always find that my family has overripe bananas that would be going to waste, but they are really just waiting to be turned into something tastier. When one smells banana bread being baked, they can’t help but crave it. This banana bread recipe is simple in both ingredients and the process, as you can do it in no time without expensive kitchen equipment.
Like most baked goods, this banana bread can be easily frozen for long-term storage and come out like it was just baked. Wrapping the bread in saran wrap and then in foil, then popping it into the freezer will allow the bread to have the freshness sealed in, and stay good for around 3 months. Defrost the bread in the fridge for a day, and when ready to eat, just microwave a slice and it’s ready to be eaten.
I find that banana bread’s perfection lies in its simplicity- it’s extremely easy to cook, easy to eat, and can be made for any number of meals. It’s a great light breakfast, is perfect for dessert, can be easily taken as a to-go snack, and is a good bulk food. My son loves to take a couple of loaves to college for snacks during late-night study sessions and for when he doesn’t have time to make breakfast, as it’s as easy as cutting and heating the bread and it’s ready. The bread can also be eaten with toppings, as my young daughter loves to eat banana bread with Nutella on it as a dessert or an after-school snack. If you have a bunch of bananas that seem like they are going to waste, it’s easy to make them into three or four loaves of banana bread that you and your family will love.
Simple Banana Bread with Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Butter a 4 inch by 8 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the peeled bananas until completely smooth.
- Stir the butter into the bowl.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing for 1 minute between each addition.
- Fold the walnuts into the dough mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered loaf pan, and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the pan and let the loaf cool in the pan, then remove the loaf from the pan and let until completely cool to serve.
#foodstyling #foodphotography #foodvideography #banana #bananabread #homemade #baking #bread #seetbread