How to Make Fresh Cut Watermelon Dipped In Chocolate
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
As spring rolls in and the warm weather follows, I have been making many different spring and summer foods to match the weather. One of my favorite foods to work with is watermelon, as it’s a perfect summer food for a hot day or a healthy snack for your family. Here is my recipe for an extra sweet spin on watermelon: chocolate-covered watermelon slices.
This recipe can be used to make either watermelon with drizzled chocolate, or watermelon bites dipped in chocolate. The watermelon with drizzle is best if you want to cover it with lots of toppings, or if you want a bit healthier way to eat watermelon. The garnishes are quite varied and tasty- sea salt will intensify the flavors of both the watermelon and chocolate, which creates a perfect sweet and salty combination. The sprinkles are a must-have for those with kids, as my daughter can’t get enough of the rainbow sprinkles with her watermelon. The nuts make this a much healthier snack and also taste delicious. The garnishes are best put on the watermelon, either drizzled or dipped when the chocolate is freshly placed on the watermelon. The Wilton Candy Melting Pot is an integral part of this recipe- it is the best way to melt chocolate whenever you’re looking to drizzle or dip things in chocolate. For example, my Chocolate Covered Strawberries would be impossible without using the Wilton Candy Melting Pot. Likewise, it is perfect for melting chocolate for this recipe.
One of the coolest parts of this recipe is being able to use popsicle sticks. I only thought they’d be good for homemade popsicles, but they complement this recipe quite well. You can use colored popsicle sticks to add some color to your watermelon popsicle, or you can use bamboo forks for the smaller watermelon bites.
After preparing the watermelon, it will last in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days in the fridge. Because of this, it’s best to prepare this recipe and eat it soon after. However, the chocolate will last up to 3 months if put into a plastic bag and frozen.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper, and place the watermelon wedges on the parchment paper neatly.
- Wash the watermelon and cut in half vertically. Cut the halves vertically several more times, making each slice ¾ to 1 inch thick. Then cut each slice into 2-3 wedges.
- Cut a small sliver into the center of the rind on each wedge, and insert the popsicle sticks ⅓ of the way into the wedge.
- Prepare your chocolate in a Wilton Candy Pot by melting the chocolate along with the coconut oil. When the chocolate is fully melted, drizzle the chocolate over the watermelon wedges.
- Garnish immediately, and place the baking sheets in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wedges from the fridge and serve.
#foodstyling#foodphotography#foodvideography #yum #chocolate #healthyfood #healthy #popsicles #fruit #delicious #food #instafood #foodporn #bites #dessert #watermelon #popsicle #photooftheday #yummy #instagood #sweet #foodphotography #summer #photography